Most skin rejuvenation techniques are expensive, painful, and require a medical professional. Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive alternative that any properly trained aesthetician can offer. After taking this course, you can confidently offer this skill to your clients that want more than a facial can give but do not wish to invest in medical procedures. Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical procedure that gently abrades the top layer of the skin, leaving a fresh layer underneath. It removes dead skin cells, helps with sun damage, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles caused by aging, diminishes mild hyper-pigmentation, evens out coarse textured skin, and can correct superficial scarring. Microdermabrasion is considered to be relatively painless and have the fewest side effects of all skin rejuvenation treatments.
This course is designed to provide you with a complete understanding of the knowledge and application skills necessary for microdermabrasion using the latest technology. You come away with a clear understanding of the difference between Crystal and Diamond Tip applications and gain the confidence needed to administer treatments safely and effectively. Application methods will be practiced to ensure you can provide this service properly. Attendees will pair up and work on each other during the hands-on portion of this course.
Optional Equipment Starter Package
- Average Price Spas are charging: $100
- ROI – after 15 treatments $1,500
Includes: Microdermabrasion machine (normally priced at $1,900).
- Equipment starter package is an additional separate cost from course tuition. Please order equipment 2 weeks prior to class if you want to receive the day of class or the equipment will be shipped to you as soon as they arrive to us after the class completion.
No model is required, attendees will work on each other. If you have a skin condition preventing you from receiving a treatment, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class.
- Cancer, Aids, and Autoimmune disease(Lupus)
- Accutane users should wait at least 6-12 months after Accutane has been completed
- Infectious skin diseases
- Warts and Fungal diseases
- Active Herpes Simplex
- Active Rosacea
- Sunburned, wind burned or irritated skin of any type
- Avoid moles, pre-cancerous lesions and malignant skin tumors
- Avoid open lesions or unidentifiable lesions
- Inflamed, infectious acne, avoid pustules
- Oral blood thinner users
- Severe diabetes
- Stop any Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin or AHA 5 days prior to microdermabrasion. Can be resumed 5 days following microdermabrasion.
- Accutane users must have stopped using accutane at least 6 to 12 months prior.
- No Injections (Botox, Juvederm, etc) 2-3 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight and wind
- Waxing, chemical peels, electrolysis and laser should be stopped 1 weeks prior to treatment.
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from all States.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.