Save the date! Love Beauty Institute has added an oncology and immune compromised skincare course to our October schedule: October 25 & 26!
This two-day course has been created to give aestheticians and skin care professionals the ability to help oncology and immune-compromised skin types without overstepping their scope of practice.
Research indicates that autoimmune disorders may be on the rise, according to the National Institutes of Health. According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the demand for oncology services is also increasing. In light of these concerning trends, aesthetic providers are more likely than ever before to have patients with these special health concerns, making this course a must for providers looking to offer the highest level of care for their patients.
During this two-day course, there will be a discussion of different case studies that will help prepare aestheticians for real-life scenarios, so they will feel prepared when they take their newfound knowledge into their treatment rooms.
What’s more, attendees will learn about:
- Oncology terminology
- General types of medical treatments oncology clients may receive
- How oncology treatment can compromise skin and well-being
- How to talk to their clients about when they should seek advice from a doctor regarding a skin condition
- What particular questions to ask in the treatment room to ensure providers are able to treat their clients safely and effectively
- Techniques on what aestheticians can safely perform, and also what they should avoid.