This course has been approved by the Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology.
Microneedling has become a staple in today’s esthetics practices across the US and continues to be a trending treatment frequently requested by clients!
Microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT), or microchanneling is a minimally invasive rejuvenation procedure that with proper training, creates notable results with minimal downtime.
During this treatment, a device with adjustable depth settings and a single-use, disposable sterile cartridge is applied across the surface of the skin and creates microchannels and controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin which continue for days and weeks following the treatment.
The benefits of microneedling include a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin, scars, stretch marks, pigmentation and dark spots. The outcome is beautiful, youthful looking skin.
This training provides attendees with science lecture and theory, business building and marketing, indications and contraindications, pre & post care, safety, and sanitation knowledge, as well as extensive hands on practical experience. Safe and appropriate treatment plans/protocols and documentation will be taught according to your scope of practice (MD’s, Nurses vs Estheticians and Cosmetologists).
Included in this course is learning combination therapy protocols to maximize client satisfaction and outcomes. Automated micro-needling creates superficial micro-channels which can be used with topical gels, serums and stem cell technology to help optimize results.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) application will discussed for those that qualify to offer that treatment. Typically RNs or aestheticians that work under a doctor and have the ability to draw blood at the office. (Note: Estheticians in Massachusetts are required to perform medical treatments under a Medical Director.)
Attendees will pair up and work on each other during this course. Discontinue use of topical Retin A 48 hours prior to class and no chemical peels. Come to class well hydrated.
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
- Theory/Lecture: Technology behind the treatment, Mechanism of Action
- Benefits and Treatment
- Review of Skin Anatomy
- Client Consideration and Selection
- Consultation Guidelines and Consent Forms
- Safety, Sanitation & Sterilization
- Pretreatment Protocol
- Treatment Protocols
- Post Treatment Protocol
- Recommended Homecare
- Maintenance Program
- Scheduling, Pricing and Marketing
- Equipment & Supplies, Support Materials
- Instructor Demonstration on Model
- Hands on Practice on each other (*No models are required as long as you are able to give and receive a treatment with another professional in class. If you are not able to receive a treatment, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class so that we may discuss your options of securing a model for hands on.)
Optional Starter Equipment
Starter Equipment is available to purchase. If you wish to inquire about purchasing equipment please call 855-568-3776 .
Use PayPal credit for your tuition-
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from all States.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. Completing our training course does not guarantee you can legally perform the service in your state. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board.
- All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.