- This event has passed.
CERTIFICATION: Dermaplaning (2-Day) – Woburn, MA
February 12 @ 10:00 am - February 13 @ 6:00 pm$645
800 West Cummings Park, Suite 5950 (5th Floor) Woburn, MA 01801
Class sizes are small and fill up quickly. Pre-registration is required. No registrations will be accepted the day of training.
Scroll down to view pricing.
Overview & Course Description
This course has been approved by the Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology.
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for effectively exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). This popular treatment has been widely used within physician offices, medical spas and estheticians.
** In Massachusetts, the State Board does not require a medical director in order for estheticians to perform this treatment.
Dermaplaning is a quick, profitable treatment with few to no adverse effects; it has quickly gained popularity. This is a great treatment to offer to clients who are pregnant or nursing, or who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin because of the risk that the chemicals will be absorbed into the blood stream. It is also a first choice for clients who have excess vellus hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the client healthier looking skin.
Dermaplaning is most often used to treat clients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, uneven texture or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance. Perfect combination therapy treatment with microneedling, chemical peels & more!
The treatment allows skin care products to penetrate more readily into the deep layers of the skin. It is often a great treatment to achieve better results in conjunction with other modalities such as Microneedling, IPL or chemical peels.
This 2-Day course covers theory & lecture, marketing tips, pricing and menu ideas as well as extensive practical hands-on experience. Within this training, you will acquire the necessary skills and technique to properly perform a safe and thorough procedure. Understanding proper sanitation, safety issues, and in addition, skin profiling will be included.
Day 1: Remote via Live Zoom will include extensive and thorough lecture session and beginner practical experience by pairing up with another professional in class.
Day 2: In-Person Woburn, MA will include extensive hands on practical experience. Topics and demos will be reviewed for combination therapy using other in-demand modalities such as PRX Derm Perfexion, Growth Factors, LED, Microcurrent, Cryotherapy, Skinfusion Dermal Infusion, Ultrasonic, Chemical Peels, Eye Rejuvenator and more! Students will gain a basic overview of modalities used in class as well as the opportunity for a demo.
Price: Two registration options
- EARLY REGISTRATION BEFORE FEB 1st – $645
- LATE REGISTRATION AFTER FEB 1st – $745
- Both options include course tuition + starter kit) – Implement into your practice right away!
Your Investment Includes:
- Dermaplaning Starter Kit included (enough for 25 treatments), ~ $1,900 ROI from kit!
- Certification Recognized by State Board
- Opportunity to Give and Receive a Treatment with Another Professional in Class
- All written materials and Manual, Live Lectures, Template and Guidelines, Post Course Support Email Helpline
- Consultation Guidelines and Consent Forms
- Scheduling, Pricing and Marketing Guide / Business Building and Marketing Strategies
- All Training Materials, Products and Supplies
- Face Mapping Guide
- Networking with Instructors and other Professionals in class
- Taught in state-of-the-art Training Facility
- Face Mapping Guide
- Blade Remover
- Average Price Spas are charging for this treatment: $95 – $150
- Cost Per Treatment approx.:$2-$4
- ROI off this kit: $1,900 approx
- Kit contents are subject to change at any time.
Day 1: Live lecture via Zoom. No model is required.
Day 2: In-person hands on training Woburn, MA. Attendees will pair up and work on each other. If you have a skin condition preventing you from receiving a treatment, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class as we will work with you in case of model requirement.
In the unlikely event that models are needed, you will be notified after registration as to when your models should arrive. In the event that models are needed, students are expected to provide their own models and to ensure the models do not have any contraindications below. Although we cannot guarantee that we can provide models, we will do our best to accommodate so that everyone in class receives ample hands on.
Contraindications and Pre-Treatment instructions include:
- Use of Accutane within last 6 months
- Severe Acne or herpes outbreak (if prone to outbreaks, may want to take viral suppressant)
- Active acne breakout (treatment will not be done in that area)
- Plastic surgery procedure with the past 3-6 months in the treatment area (face)
- Stop any Retin-A products 48 hours prior
- Sunburn or recent tanning
- No recent aggressive chemical peels where skin is not fully healed
Use PayPal credit for your tuition-
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from all States.
- The ideal candidate for this training is a licensed professional who has a minimum of 6 months prior experience working with facials/skin care.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. Completing our training course does not guarantee you can legally perform the service in your state. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board.
- All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
Why Train with Love Beauty Pro’s Institute?
State Board approved Advanced Training Certification that is second to none.
Did you know?
The Massachusetts State Board requires licensees to receive Certification from an approved Advanced Institute in order to perform the service legally under their license.
Our trainings come with theory, practical hands on, and a Certification recognized by the Board.
As well as valuable business building information to kickstart the treatment into your practice right away!
Held at our state-of-the-art training center in Woburn, MA. These treatments offer high profit margin for your business, and high client satisfaction!
Why train with us?
1. Our 17 Year History in Advanced Esthetics Training sets us apart in the industry.
2. Credible Master Instructors not only share their technical skill, knowledge and passion, but also have their finger on the pulse of today’s treatments and client demands by owning their own successful practice. Having performed thousands of treatments on their own clients! You’ll receive extensive theory lecture, business building & live practical hands on experience in a fun & intimate setting.
3. Our programs are approved by State Board of Cosmetology in MA. Upon completion, you’ll receive a Certification that’s legit and recognized by the Board! We accept licensed professionals from all states.
Love Beauty Pro | Woburn, MA
800 W Cummings Park Suite 5950 (5th Floor)
Woburn, MA 01801 United States