- This event has passed.
Microblading/PMU Powder Brow 1 Day Training
January 5, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm$1350 – $1500
This one-day course is designed for technicians previously trained in Microblading who want to expand their skills and are looking for more hands-on experience. You will use hands on practical experience to create a shaded brow in either a “makeup look” or a very soft and natural shading using both the manual and machine techniques. This course is designed for current microblading artists wanting to expand their techniques and business to generate more income. This is not an introductory training.
The Powder Brow Course introduces you to brow shading techniques using a process that creates a pixeled powder look through depositing small dots of pigment into the skin. This course will also cover the Combo Brow/Hybrid Method including a combination of strokes and shading depending on the needs of your client’s brows and how to assess which method is best for each client.
This course includes theory as well as ample hands on experience with various practice mediums such as fake heads and skin as well as on a live model. Each attendee will learn the foundation and principles of Powder Brow to ensure a solid understanding.
What is the difference between microblading and powder brow?
While microblading is strokes/lines, powder brow is made up of pixilated dotting that creates a shading effect. This is good for any type of skin such as oily, aged, or porous skin. The results from this procedure can vary with some results being very natural and others more heavily saturated for those seeking a bolder look. Powder brow technique is NOT older style block tattooing! It is much more natural and generally looks good on anyone.
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
- Lecture Overview Including Powder Brow Foundation and Principles
- Determining Which Methods Are Best for Various Clients
- Planning Needle Variation and Configuration
- Ample Hands-On Experience
Included with the Course
- Training Supplies & Materials to perform practice sessions during training (various practice media, pigment, mapping supplies, etc.)
- Option to register with Machine (includes cartridges) or bring your own machine. Attendees much purchase machine here or bring their own machine to training to participate in hands on. * Machines used in training must only be those with standard universal cartridges. *
- On-going guidance on training subject matter
Each attendee is responsible for arranging 1 model for hands on. If you are not able to secure a model on your own, notify us within 2 weeks prior to class. Although we cannot guarantee a model for you, we will do our best to try to assist you in arranging a model. Course attendees will be assigned model times and notified prior to class start date.
Models must not have any previous permanent makeup and should discontinue use of any topical Retin A at least 48 hours prior to treatment. Models must have brows; we do not recommend having your model be someone with alopecia or missing brows as this is a much more challenging case.
Note there are contraindications that would disqualify someone from being a model. If you already have models in mind, check if they have any of the following.
- Recent Esthetic treatment such as chemical peel, laser, Botox or filler in the area being treated
- Autoimmune or Skin disorders
- Bleeding disorders
- Recent Botox or Fillers
- Recent Peels or Laser
- Keloid Scarring
- Blood Thinners
Upon successful completion of the training you will be issued a Certificate of Attendance.
- To be eligible for this course you need to hold valid Microblading PMU/Cosmetic Tattooing Certificate from a previous training or Permanent Cosmetics License.
- All attendees must submit a copy of their Blood Borne Pathogen Certificate upon registration and will not be permitted into the course without this.
Microblading / Powder Brow is a form of permanent cosmetics, cosmetic tattooing, or body art. Each state and city/town follows their own regulations, and it is the student’s responsibility to contact all their state and local health agencies regarding the rules and regulations for permanent cosmetics in their area. The completion of this course does not qualify or certify you to perform, for compensation, the services or procedures taught. Performing the services or procedures taught in this course for compensation requires that the provider be properly licensed in the State and/or town in which the services or procedures are performed, which may require apprenticeship depending on your local laws.
Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state laws. Completing our training course does not allow you license to legally perform the service in your city/state. All deposits & tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
Your registration is not complete without submitting three pieces of information:
- An Enrollment Form. This form will be emailed to you upon payment completion.
- A Blood Borne Pathogen Certification. You can take an online course through theAmerican Red Cross
- Copy of previous/valid Microblading PMU/Cosmetic Tattooing Certificate from a previous training or copy of your Permanent Cosmetics License.
About the Instructor
Lacey Michael, successful owner of Lacey Michael Permanent Makeup, is a multi-certified permanent makeup and microblading artist.
Lacey founded Lacey Michael Permanent Makeup in early 2017. She comes to Love Beauty trained and educated in multiple modalities and is 9X certified in different PMU areas including multiple microblading, microshading manual + perfecting, brow and lip liner, Nano Brows, saline removal, and color theory.
With a passion for makeup, skin and all things aesthetics, Lacey became obsessed with helping women look and feel more like themselves.
Lacey regularly goes to conferences and takes new classes to ensure that she is always up to date on the latest and greatest techniques to be able to provide consistent positive results for every client.