This course has been approved by the Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology.
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for effectively exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). This popular treatment has been widely used within physician offices, medical spas and esthetics spas.
Dermaplaning is a quick, profitable treatment with few to no adverse effects; it has quickly gained popularity. This is a great treatment to offer to clients who are pregnant or nursing, or who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin because of the risk that the chemicals will be absorbed into the blood stream. It is also a first choice for clients who have excess vellus hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the client healthier looking skin.
The treatment allows skin care products to penetrate more readily into the deep layers of the skin. It is often a great treatment to achieve better results in conjunction with other modalities such as IPL or chemical peels.
Dermaplaning is most often used to treat clients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, uneven texture or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance. Perfect combination therapy treatment with microneedling, chemical peels & more!
This course covers theory & lecture, marketing tips, pricing and menu ideas as well as extensive practical hands-on experience. Within this training, you will acquire the necessary skills and technique to properly perform a safe and thorough procedure. Understanding proper sanitation, safety issues, and in addition, skin profiling will be included.
Day 1 on site will include 9 hours of extensive and thorough lecture session and practical experience by pairing up with another professional in class. Extensive hands on practical experience on each other and optional models. Topics and demos will be reviewed for combination therapy using other modalities such as Growth Factors, Chemical Peels, Devices and more!
The remaining 7 hours will be completed independently. Proof of training is submitted via email with before & after photos within 20 days of the workshop. Certificates are awarded after successful completion of all 16 hours of training both on-site and independently. Further directions for the independent hands-on training will be provided by your instructor at the seminar.
By enrolling, attendees agree to serve as models and practitioners for the hands-on portion.
Included in Training
- Networking with Instructors other Professionals in class
- Marketing and Business Building Tips
- Training Manual
- Face Mapping Guide
- Dermaplaning Kit Included
- Face Mapping Guide
- Blade Remover
- Average Price Spas are charging: $95
- Cost Per Treatment approx.:$2-$4
- ROI off this kit: $1,900 approx
- Kit contents are subject to change at any time.
- Larger Spa Starter size packages are available for separate purchase at the class or after the class. Shipping charge may apply in some cases if items have to be shipped.
Generally, no models are required as all attendees work on each other. It is the student’s responsibility to patriciate in the hands on practical experience and be a model for another professional so you can pair up in class. In the event you have a medical reason preventing you from receiving this treatment, you must be prepared to provide a model during the hands on portion of class. The model cannot sit in the class but may arrive at the assigned hands on time given to you the day of class by your instructor (around 1pm). We will do our best to accommodate so that everyone in class receives ample hands on.
- Use of Accutane within last 6 months
- Severe Acne or herpes outbreak (if prone to outbreaks, may want to take viral suppressant)
- Active acne breakout (treatment will not be done in that area)
- Plastic surgery procedure with the past 3-6 months
- Stop any Retin-A products 48 hours prior
- Sunburn or recent tanning
- No recent aggressive chemical peels where skin is not fully healed
Use PayPal credit for your tuition-
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from all States.
- The ideal candidate for this training is a licensed professional who has a minimum of 6 months prior experience working with facials/skin care.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. Completing our training course does not guarantee you can legally perform the service in your state. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board.
- All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.