This course has been approved by the Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology.
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for effectively exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz). This popular treatment has been widely used within physician offices, medical spas and esthetics spas.
Dermaplaning is a quick, profitable treatment with few to no adverse effects; it has quickly gained popularity. This is a great treatment to offer to clients who are pregnant or nursing, or who want a deep exfoliation, but are not allowed to use peeling agents on their skin because of the risk that the chemicals will be absorbed into the blood stream. It is also a first choice for clients who have excess vellus hair on the skin. This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the client healthier looking skin.
The treatment allows skin care products to penetrate more readily into the deep layers of the skin. It is often a great treatment to achieve better results in conjunction with other modalities such as IPL or chemical peels.
Dermaplaning is most often used to treat clients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, uneven texture or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance. Perfect combination therapy treatment with microneedling, chemical peels & more!
This 2-Day course covers theory & lecture, marketing tips, pricing and menu ideas as well as extensive practical hands-on experience. Within this training, you will acquire the necessary skills and technique to properly perform a safe and thorough procedure. Understanding proper sanitation, safety issues, and in addition, skin profiling will be included.
Day 1 will include extensive and thorough lecture session and beginner practical experience by pairing up with another professional in class.
Day 2 will include extensive hands on practical experience on each other and models. Topics and demos will be reviewed for combination therapy using other modalities such as Growth Factors, LED, Microcurrent, Cryotherapy, Skinfusion Dermal Infusion, Ultrasonic, Chemical Peels, Eye Rejuvenator and more! Students will gain a basic overview of modalities used in class as well as the opportunity for a demo.
Included in Training
- Networking with Instructors other Professionals in class
- Marketing and Business Building Tips
- Training Manual
- Face Mapping Guide
- Dermaplaning Kit Included
- Face Mapping Guide
- Lactic Peel
- Blade Remover
- Average Price Spas are charging: $95
- Cost Per Treatment approx.:$2-$4
- ROI off this kit: $1,900 approx
- Kit contents are subject to change at anytime.
- Kit is an additional separate cost from tuition.
- Larger Spa Starter size packages are available for separate purchase at the class or after the class. Shipping may apply in some cases if items have to be shipped.
Day 1: No model is required, attendees will work on each other. If you have a skin condition preventing you from receiving a treatment, please notify us a minimum of 1 week prior to the class.
Day 2: Two to three models are required. You will be notified after registration as to when your models should arrive. Students are expected to provide their own models and to ensure the models do not have any contraindications below. Models will be required to pay a $49 “materials fee” prior to the class or upon arrival. If a student cannot provide their own models, they must notify us 2 weeks prior to the training so that we can attempt to help locate models for you. Although we cannot guarantee that we can provide models, we will do our best to accommodate so that everyone in class receives ample hands on.
- Use of Accutane within last 6 months
- Severe Acne or herpes outbreak (if prone to outbreaks, may want to take viral suppressant)
- Active acne breakout (treatment will not be done in that area)
- Plastic surgery procedure with the past 3-6 months
- Stop any Retin-A products 48 hours prior
- Sunburn or recent tanning
- No recent aggressive chemical peels where skin is not fully healed
Use PayPal credit for your tuition-
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from all States.
- The ideal candidate for this training is a licensed professional who has a minimum of 6 months prior experience working with facials/skin care.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. Completing our training course does not guarantee you can legally perform the service in your state. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board.
- All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.